Betis Group is seeking a Program Manager (IT Infrastructure) with proven experience to join its growing team. Our ideal candidate should demonstrate expertise and experience with managing IT programs and projects. This is an on-site position located in Pocatello, Idaho.
The Program Manager (PM) shall plan, coordinate, implement and finalize significant, complex projects and/or multiple smaller initiatives according to the specifications and deadlines, all while keeping the project within budget and on schedule. This position and hours may be combined with another fulltime position as long as the PM possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities outlined in the combined Position Number position requirements. The Government will define the program’s objectives, approve product schedules, and oversee quality control throughout the entire process. The PM shall identify, assess, and minimize project risks until successful task completion. The PM will work with and manage the activities of various involved parties to include both internal and external stakeholders. The PM shall plan and support major milestones throughout the engineering life cycle and assist in developing schedules and deliverable requirements. This position requires that the PM be able to review all project documentation and assist others efficiently by assisting others as needed with specific IT projects and planning. The planning and coordination for this task order will be extensive, covering an active workload of several 5+ enterprise level projects. The PM shall manage and administer all efforts undertaken in this Task Order to include, but not limited to: ensuring all work activities are performed in a timely and cost effective manner while maintaining the highest up-time of performance; manage and oversee all Contractor personnel and resources utilized in the performance of this Task Order; identify and maintain a management structure and organization with overall project control and authority for the performance of work under this Task Order.
The Program Manager shall plan, staff, interview, select, evaluate, train,monitor, and direct the PM staff. The PM shall manage and oversee staff ticket closure rates, performance related Service Level Agreements (SLA), compiling reports on performance metrics to monitor or increase staff performance, ensure SLAs are met and exceeded, and for providing metrics and reports to FBI Managers.
The Program Manager shall be responsible for creating, producing, and maintaining ticketing system reports and metrics reports. The PM shall be responsible for monitoring the FBI’s
Service Manager ticketing system to identify any trends or inconsistencies and providing detailed reports to management. Responsible for providing direction, guidance, and support to staff. Responsible for encouraging, rewarding, and motivating staff upon their recognizing and documenting process improvements. Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with staff, customers, and end-users. Responsible for the support of enclaves under the FBI area of responsibility.
The Program Manager shall provide reports on a scheduled basis as well as an ad-hoc basis. The PM shall deliver services and maintain new Service Level Agreements. The PM shall continuously look for process improvements, document and maintain standard operating procedures and workflow procedures. The PM shall develop project plans that reflect a holistic approach to the standardization process and identify resource loading and achievable timelines, which may include making changes to multiple plans in parallel to avoid any system and network down time or degradation in performance.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
- Review program request documents, create initial program, or task plan through requirement and create project charter.
- Review functional/non-functional requirements, create communication, and risk plan, and update overall program or task plans.
- Review tasks lists and estimates, create resource plans, review detailed design specifications, and update program plans.
- Assist with coordinating and scheduling user acceptance testing.
- Update task documentation and create task closure documents.
- Provide PMI project management principles to plan, execute and finalize IT projects according to SDLC with scope, budget, and schedule.
- Run complex projects/programs from design and development to production.
- Define resources loading and schedule for project/program implementation.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Plan and schedule project deliverables, goals, and milestones.
- Direct and oversee Program Manager project engineering teams and manage conflict within the Contractor groups.
- Document functional requirements for hardware and software.
- Perform Program Manager team assessments and evaluations
- Efficiently identify and solve project issues.
- Design and maintain technical and project documentation.
- Create cross-functional and/or cross-segment teams.
- Shall have strong experience with Microsoft Office products, Project, and SharePoint and be comfortable manipulating data in various formats to create project reports and tracking mechanisms suitable for presentation to FBI Executive management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Communication: manage relationship with FBI internal stakeholders, excellent written and verbal communication skills. Participate in cross-functional FBI IT and non-IT groups to solve problems across project.
- Organize: set priorities, develop work schedules, monitor, and report progress towards goals and track details and activities.
- Decision making advice with FBI in understanding and analyzing the risks and future impacts of decisions.
- Critical thinking & problem solving recognize problems and analyze solutions to support FBI strategic direction. Work with senior management to resolve complex problems.
- Multi-tasking: Engage in multiple complex projects/programs from design and development to deployment and production.
- Requirements management: Collect requirements and requirements definitions and plan project lifecycle deployment.
- Resource management: Identify and define resources and schedule for project/program implementation.
- Risk management: Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning for multiple projects.
- Planning: Plan and schedule project deliverables, goals, and milestones.
- Direction: Direct and oversee Program Manager’s project engineering teams and manage conflict within the groups.
- Assessments: Perform team assessments and evaluations.
- Problem Solving: Efficiently identify and solve project issues.
- Documentation: Design and maintain technical and project documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience managing IT programs and projects required
- Minimum of 6 years planning and management experience
- Minimum of 6 years as a Certified Project Management Professional
Special Certifications/Security Clearances
- Top Secret Clearance
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- ITIL and SAFe certifications (within the last 5 years)
Betis Group understands and values the talent and experience of all our employees. Our people are our greatest asset! Along with a competitive salary, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that complete a total compensation package to support you and your family.
- Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance – Company Paid
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD, and AD&D – Company Paid
- 401K plan with up to 10% company match
- PTO – Holiday, Sick Leave, Vacation, Volunteer Hours
- Relocation Assistance
- Housing Allowance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Training
- Betis Health and Wellness Program
About Betis Group
Betis Group, Inc. is an experienced provider of comprehensive information technology products, solutions, and services. Since 1995, we have supplied expert end-to-end support to our public and private sector clients world-wide. We offer services in the areas of systems engineering, enterprise solutions, software engineering, technology deployments, staff augmentation, infrastructure installation and upgrades, and hardware/software sales.
Betis Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.