Betis Group is looking for a GitLab Engineer with proven experience to join our growing team. This person will be responsible for installation, configuration, integration, maintenance, upgrades, testing, support documentation, and end-user support for GitLab. This is a FULL-TIME, REMOTE position.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
- Daily support of GitLab platform including engineering and operations tasks and integrations
- Monitor all GitLab Security Release Notifications.
- Coordinate with security engineer for validate of all planned changes to the GitLab instance.
- Participate in technical review boards and provide technical support and consultation for the implementation and usage of native GitLab Premium tools.
- Support DevOps practices for teams leveraging GitLab.
- Manage Users, Groups, and Projects.
- Plan and perform GitLab upgrades and patching on a scheduled monthly basis.
- Work with the product vendor for enhancement and issue resolution.
- Work with customer executives, cloud architects, and cloud engineers to define deliverables and discuss issues, questions, and improvements for the GitLab instance.
- Conduct user-training and help sessions for new features or implementations.
- Act as a point of contact for onboarding new users and teams and answering frequently asked questions.
- 5+ years of experience in cloud engineering with two (2) to four (4) years architecting and deploying GitLab on AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Previous experience working with Federal Government clients.
- Experience with deployments using Terraform, Cloud Formation, and/or Ansible Automation
- Experience with deployments using Terraform, CloudFormation, and/or Ansible Automation.
- Experience working on Agile teams (Scrum or Kanban)
- Professional experience maintaining GitLab repositories and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience using GitLab Wiki and the native Security tools available in the GitLab Premium license.
- Experience drafting product documentation (including configuration guides, user guides, etc.)
- Strong understanding of registry configuration with GitLab.
- Experience with GitLab runners and token.
- Experience working in Windows and Linux OS.
- Experience with GitLab Administration Dashboard.
- Knowledge of Incident Management Platforms and tools such as ServiceNow
- Outstanding analytical, teaming, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written correspondence)
Bachelor’s Degree in business, information technology, computer science, engineering, or related technical or functional discipline.
Special Certifications/Security Clearances
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust
- GitLab Certification
- AWS Certification
Betis Group understands and values the talent and experience of all our employees. Our people are our greatest asset! Along with a competitive salary, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that complete a total compensation package to support you and your family.
- Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD, and AD&D – Company Paid
- Retirement Planning
- PTO – Holiday, Sick Leave, Vacation, Volunteer Hours
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Training
- Betis Health and Wellness Program
About Betis Group
Betis Group, Inc. is an experienced provider of comprehensive information technology products, solutions, and services. Since 1995, we have supplied expert end-to-end support to our public and private sector clients world-wide. We offer services in the areas of systems engineering, enterprise solutions, software engineering, technology deployments, staff augmentation, infrastructure installation and upgrades, and hardware/software sales.
Betis Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.