Betis Group is seeking a highly motivated and detail oriented Administrative Assistant to join our team. The Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of clerical, administrative, and accounting duties that are necessary to run our organization efficiently. The ideal candidate will be proactive, extremely organized, exercise sound judgement, and have excellent communication skills. This is an on-site position located at our headquarters in McLean, VA.
The mission of our company is to provide the highest level of Information Technology (IT) products and services to our clients. Our vision at Betis Group is to be the preeminent IT firm business leaders think of first when they require professional IT products and services. We understand that our people are our greatest asset, and we appreciate that family should always be a priority. We strive to perform at the highest level in every aspect of our business. We choose to give back to the community and empower our employees to volunteer.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
- Front Desk Reception and answering main office telephone
- Phone system administrator
- Open, sort, date stamp, and distribute mail according to area of responsibility
- Maintain professional presentation of assigned office areas as required: Front Reception, Kitchen, Supply Closet and Conference Room
- Greet all Visitors in the main lobby entrance and log them into the Visitor Log
- Monitor and maintain kitchen and office supplies by ordering when inventory is low
- Place orders for FED EX pick ups
- Assist with actionable items for the Betis Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Report and follow up on facility/equipment maintenance for McLean office
- Maintain a technical document for all job-related log in credentials
- Send broadcast messages via email to all Betis Group employees upon direction of CEO, COO, or HR Manager or Finance Manager
- New Employee assigned work area set up
- Asset Tracking Inventory Management
- Submit a weekly status report to the Human Resource Manager detailing week to week activity
- Coordinate monthly celebration activities, including birthday cards
- Health & Wellness Program Coordination of Activities and Events
Accounting – A/P Tasks
- Complete Accounts Payable attaching of invoices and mark P.O.s “Ready to Invoice”
- Complete Accounts Payable Invoicing
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Excellent oral and written communication skills to include developing and presenting formal presentations to all levels of management
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to use standard office equipment (computer, printer, fax machines)
- Strong communication skills and ability to obtain required information in order to develop end products
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent mathematical skills, including application and use in problem-solving.
- Ability to coordinate own and others’ actions, manage own time and manage personnel resources
- Strong understanding and expression of written and verbal English sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents
- Sensitivity to problems; ability to determine when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
Individual must have at least one year of experience in an office setting OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred
Special Certifications/Security Clearances
- US Citizenship Required
Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance ∙ Life Insurance ∙ STD, LTD, and AD&D Insurance ∙ PTO ∙ Retirement Plan ∙ Professional Development Assistance ∙ Tuition Reimbursement
Betis Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.