Systems Engineer III (VMware)
Betis Group is seeking a Systems Engineer III (VMware) with proven experience to join its growing team. This is an on-site position located in Pocatello, Idaho.
The Systems Engineer III (VMware) shall be responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues of all VMware components to include the hypervisor, vSphere, NSX, vRealize Suite, and Site Recovery Manager.
The Systems Engineer III (VMWare) is considered essential personnel and expected to provide support on-site at their designated duty station or as required at any designated facility during inclement weather, government holidays, government closings, government shutdowns/furloughs, and COOP exercises.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
- Design, implement, and provide ongoing support of the on-premises hybrid and cloud Infrastructure.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for all VMware environments.
- Create and maintain an on-premises cloud, software defined data center infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate SAN, network, or local storage configurations, using both OEM and third-party tools that include virtual storage tools and services.
- Manually and automated provision/configure of all required resources for servers.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the virtualized infrastructure.
- Monitor and correct storage issues and create recovery processes and hardware for failures and performance bottlenecks.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain system management tools, infrastructure, and server plugins
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning storage with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 4th level support.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- Integrate systems with Windows and Linux as it applies to core service dependencies. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with FBI standardized software and hardware.
- Document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- Continually transition knowledge to the Government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
- Provide real-time reporting of provisioned and non-provisioned and utilized resources to include performance metrics for availability, performance, and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience required
Special Certifications/Security Clearances
- Top Secret Clearance
- VMware Data Center Virtualization or Cloud Management and Automation certification within the last 5 years
Betis Group understands and values the talent and experience of all our employees. Our people are our greatest asset! Along with a competitive salary, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that complete a total compensation package to support you and your family.
- Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance – Company Paid
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD, and AD&D – Company Paid
- 401K plan with up to 10% company match
- PTO – Holiday, Sick Leave, Vacation, Volunteer Hours
- Relocation Assistance
- Housing Allowance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Training
- Betis Health and Wellness Program
About Betis Group
Betis Group, Inc. is an experienced provider of comprehensive information technology products, solutions, and services. Since 1995, we have supplied expert end-to-end support to our public and private sector clients world-wide. We offer services in the areas of systems engineering, enterprise solutions, software engineering, technology deployments, staff augmentation, infrastructure installation and upgrades, and hardware/software sales.
Betis Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.
|Job Category||Systems Engineer|