Betis Group is seeking to hire a Tablet Support Manager. This position is located in Baltimore, MD, on-site, at the Department of Labor. This position will be required to travel to approximately 20 correctional facilities to deploy and maintain equipment and “train the trainer” for tablet usage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with MD Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services (DPSCS) and Department of Labor (DOL) staff to deploy & replace tablets in corrections facilities, help users manage devices and troubleshoot issues to resolution.
- Manage the deployment schedule of tablets as well as the on-site education and housing unit usage
- Tightly project manage delivery dates of all deliverables to the agreed upon dates in Statements of Work or other project plans
- Obtain content training, both directly from partner companies, as well as self-learning to develop expertise in the different programs being offered on the tablets.
- Assist on daily tablet distribution procedures and protocols as needed to assist MD DPSCS and Labor staff
- Offer onsite technical support and program support to inmates as well as program staff
- Work with MD DOL staff to obtain student learning outcome data (e.g. course completion, etc.) to feed into overall metrics
- Assist the staff in on-boarding new users, tablet provisioning process, troubleshooting, and ensuring all programs are in technical working order on the tablet
- Act as an escalation point for all MD Labor-related issues
- Ensure the internal team is on track to meet deliverable dates in the SOW or project plan.
- Escalate any issues that would keep the contractor or MD Labor from meeting dates
- Evaluate and resolve technical support requests according to set procedures
- Train staff and instructors on how to use the Learning Management System platform and services; engage end users
- Monitor end-user data usage to report back to the MD Labor with quantitative data and data summary
- Oversee all content development projects, training or data projects
- Oversee the maintenance of the vendor-provided content
- Escalate issues as necessary to the vendor Support Team
- Work with the MD Labor to obtain data on course completion, and other key indicators that can be used to evaluate the success of the tablet programs
- Provide quarterly business reviews both internally and externally to MD Labor stakeholders on the status of the account
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related field with 2-3 years of experience
- Strong organizational skills, with meticulous attention to detail, able to manage multiple simultaneous projects and issues through to successful completion
- Strong verbal and written communication – able to communicate effectively with correctional staff and convey a strong customer-service orientation
- General technical fluency with hardware and mobile devices, including tablet computers and technologies utilized by this role include: Salesforce, Airwatch, MS Excel, learning management systems
- General understanding of technology based educational programs
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Fast learner, self-starter
- Technical Support experience preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Willingness to operate in correctional environments with incarcerated individuals and correctional staff.
- Background and experience in criminal justice, corrections, or education preferred
- Spanish language skills a plus
Additional Requirements: Attend Maryland DOL training course.
Physical Requirements: No physical requirements need for this position
Location: Baltimore, MD
Substitution of Education for Experience: Bachelor’s Degree or higher may be substituted for the general and specialized experience for those labor categories requiring a High School Diploma.
A Master’s Degree may be substituted for two years of the general and specialized experience for those labor categories requiring a bachelor’s degree.
Substitution shall be reviewed and approved by the State at its discretion.
Substitution of Experience for Education: Substitution of experience for education may be permitted at the discretion of the State.
Substitution of Professional Certificates for Experience: Professional certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, SQL Certified Database Administrator) may be substituted for up to two (2) years for general and specialized experience at the discretion of the State.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
|Job Category||Technical Support|